Benchmark knowledgeable Workers’ Compensation Program Agents will help you to understand and practice key elements of workers’ compensation cost control in order to achieve the lowest possible net cost of coverage over time.
Workers Comp Insures Against
- Employees loss of income or medical expenses resulting from work related disease, death or injury
- Compensates employee for permanent impairment
- Protects employers against lawsuits by injured employees and pays legal defense costs and payment for losses
Did You Know…
Every year more than 4.1 million people in the US suffer from workplace injury or occupational illness. $1 Million: Amount awarded in 10% of all wrongful termination & discrimination cases.
30,899 – The number of harassment charges filed in 2010
$40,000 – Average out-of-court settlement cost for employment related cases
67%: Amount of employment cases that result in a judgment for the plaintiff when taken to litigation.
6 out of 10: Number of employers that have faced an employee lawsuit within the past 5 years.
On The Job Incidents – By The Numbers
Benchmark Has Your Business Covered
Auto Repair Service
Bars, Lounges and Taverns
Building Operations by Owner or Contractor
Cabinet Makers and Installers
Laundry and Dry Cleaning
And much more…
Not all workers’ comp policies are the same
Does your policy offer payment of these extras at no additional cost?
- Loss of earnings
- Cost for bonds, appeal bonds
- Litigation costs
- Interest on judgments
- 60 days of coverage for new operations